Q. What is my NSHE ID?

A.  The NSHE ID is a new system-wide ID that you will carry with you between institutions in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).  Whether a student at Nevada or TMCC, you’ll have the same number.  Certain bio/demographic information is shared between the institutions so you only have to make items like name change at one place.  This number takes the place of the R number for current students.

Q. My name in incorrect, how do I change it back to the correct version?

A.  Part of the transition to the new system involved a merger of many different databases.  This will allow you change your name in one single location; however, the downside is that if your name was incorrect in another database a one time correction will be needed.

  • Misspelling (including compound names):  Contact Admissions and Records at 784-4700 to correct or email hturk@unr.edu.
  • Former name (if you have already changed your name with Admissions and Records in the past):  Contact Admissions and Records at 784-4700 to correct or email hturk@unr.edu.  Assuming we have the documentation on file, we can correct it easily.

Documentation may be required by NSHE Policy.  If you are or have ever been an employee of the university (including student employee), you will need to make any changes with Human Resources rather than Admissions and Records.